Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Upcoming Whiskey Classes In Chicago.

I teach whiskey classes here in Chicago through I Wish Lessons. They are introductory classes, last about a hour, and are very informal. We are, after all, drinking. I encourage student participation and typically hang around afterwards to answer questions and talk whiskey with anyone who wants to stay.

The next one is an Introduction to Single Malt Scotch class this Thursday, April 5, 7 PM, at Fion in Lincoln Park (426 W. Diversey). Fion is an intimate bar right next to the much larger Duffy's. We'll do it there again on Wednesday, May 23, also at 7 PM.

Next Tuesday, April 10, it's Whiskey 101, also at Fion at 7 PM. This is an unusual class because we taste different types of whiskey, in this case Irish, Scotch, Bourbon, and Rye. We'll do it there again on Monday, April 23, Monday, May 14, and Thursday, May 31.

Next Wednesday, April 11, it's back to Fion at 7 PM for an Introduction to Bourbon class. We'll do it there again on Monday, May 21, also at 7 PM.

If they're not sold out, I Wish will sell tickets pretty much right up to the last minute, so contact them if you're interested. (They are much better about answering email quickly than they are about answering the phone.)

The whiskey classes are always held in bars and we always taste four products. You can order food and other beverages, and stay after class for 'extra credit.' It's a fun night out with friends, with a little learning on the side. I Wish also has many other classes. Their most popular one is sushi rolling.

Everything is subject to change.

I Wish also does private events, so if you have a group that would like to have a whiskey or other distilled spirits tasting with me as your coach, you can arrange that through I Wish too. Or you can contact me directly. (Email is on my profile.)

No comments: